Welcome to the Reader’s Spotlight Robyn and thanks for being a good sport. To honor all of the readers of all genres, I love the idea of turning the tables and bringing reader’s in to the spotlight. So here goes:
1) I always ask this question first. Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself? I am from Louisville, Kentucky and I am the mother of two talented, intelligent young ladies.
2) Since we’re talking about books, what is your favorite genre and how do you relate to that in real life? Like if you love erotic romance or mystery the best, is there any one reason why you chose that genre? I’m a book worm and have since early elementary (forever). Love most genre’s of book reading from supernatural, paranormal, mystery, suspense, medical thrillers, horror, science fiction, you name it. The one I tend to lean toward most is the paranormal and science fiction. Why? Because there isn’t aright or wrong answer and you can be who or what you want to be. Don’t need anyone’s permission. It’s a great escape from reality. Reality is sometimes a little harsh and unsettling so we need an escape that is different. Reading can be safer than real life as well and a better escape than drugs, alcohol, etc.
3) Tell us about your worst date ever and your best date ever? My best date was my first love and now ex-husband. We were military and it was quick and romantic. The worst date was going on a blind date my dad had set up when I was in high school.
4) If you could have any one person share an intimate evening with you, dinner, dancing, the works, who would you choose? It can be anyone. If I could have anyone for a great evening to spend with dining, dancing, the works then it would be my current boyfriend JW. He is a true gentleman, has a gold heart, experienced, down to earth while having a silly side just like me. We’re both overgrown kids but know when to be adults as necessary.
5) He sounds very romantic! Do you have a cause or charity that is close to your heart? If so, here’s your chance to tell others about it. As far as charities are concerned, there are countless ones out there but I identify with the ones that pertain to me or a loved one. Example, American heart association, veterans of America, salvation army, ASPCA, mental disorders.
6) On the lighter side, what would you do if you won the lottery….and it was a huge amount? On the lighter side, if I won the lottery and it was a vast amount, then I would make sure my loved ones enjoyed some of it as well. What’s a lot of money if you don’t have anyone to share it with or can’t truly enjoy it without feeling guilty. Sightseeing would be in order but only in the United States because too much going on outside our country right now. Shopping would be there as well and transportation. Other than that, who knows.
7) what’s your Dream job? I don’t know what a dream job would consist of. I think a dream job would be anything you do that makes you happy and benefits you and others in some way. If you’re happy, then you make others happy by being someone fun to hang around.
8) Your most embarrassing moment? My most embarrassing moment? Wow, well I’ll just tell one of many lol. I got a little too much drink in me and lost my balance in an alley that was located behind a home my boyfriend used to live in. There was a dip in the alley and I winded up falling down and spinning around in a 360 looking like a turle in a shell that was unable to get myself up. Tried to get up and didn’t fully get my balance and did the 360 a second time. Needless to say, me and my boyfriend laughed a while as how ridiculous I looked. I even added a little sing song to the even by saying ‘Turtle, turle’. Told I was a big kid at heart.
9) That’s a great story Robyn. Sounds like you can shrug things off and laugh at yourself. That’s a great attitude. How about the best moment of your life? The best moment of my life has been my girls in my life. They are my universe and they know it. Of course, I’m theirs as well so it pans out. lol
10) If you could go anywhere in the world for a two week vacation, where would it be? And who would you take with you if you could choose only one person? If I could go anywhere in the world with only one person then it would be my boyfriend and we would go to Hawaii. No cruise ships though. All said and done, I enjoy life as it comes and hope for the best. The past is gone and nothing you can do about it. The future isn’t here yet and it can take care of itself. The present is the only thing you got and you can only hope to make the best decision for you/loved ones and they are the right ones.
There it is Readers and thanks for coming along to read about Robyn. Let her know you read her story in the Reader’s Spotlight on facebook or leave a comment below.