In honor of the faithful reader’s of not only my books, but all genres and authors, I’d like to introduce you to the Reader’s Spotlight, a place to get to know others who have a love for the written word.
Welcome to the Reader’s Spotlight Robyn and thanks for being a good sport. To honor all of the readers of all genres, I love the idea of turning the tables and bringing reader’s in to the spotlight. So here goes:
1) I always ask this question first. Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself? I am from Louisville, Kentucky and I am the mother of two talented, intelligent young ladies.
2) Since we’re talking about books, what is your favorite genre and how do you relate to that in real life? Like if you love erotic romance or mystery the best, is there any one reason why you chose that genre? I’m a book worm and have since early elementary (forever). Love most genre’s of book reading from supernatural, paranormal, mystery, suspense, medical thrillers, horror, science fiction, you name it. The one I tend to lean toward most is the paranormal and science fiction. Why? Because there isn’t aright or wrong answer and you can be who or what you want to be. Don’t need anyone’s permission. It’s a great escape from reality. Reality is sometimes a little harsh and unsettling so we need an escape that is different. Reading can be safer than real life as well and a better escape than drugs, alcohol, etc.
3) Tell us about your worst date ever and your best date ever? My best date was my first love and now ex-husband. We were military and it was quick and romantic. The worst date was going on a blind date my dad had set up when I was in high school.
4) If you could have any one person share an intimate evening with you, dinner, dancing, the works, who would you choose? It can be anyone. If I could have anyone for a great evening to spend with dining, dancing, the works then it would be my current boyfriend JW. He is a true gentleman, has a gold heart, experienced, down to earth while having a silly side just like me. We’re both overgrown kids but know when to be adults as necessary.
5) He sounds very romantic! Do you have a cause or charity that is close to your heart? If so, here’s your chance to tell others about it. As far as charities are concerned, there are countless ones out there but I identify with the ones that pertain to me or a loved one. Example, American heart association, veterans of America, salvation army, ASPCA, mental disorders.
6) On the lighter side, what would you do if you won the lottery….and it was a huge amount? On the lighter side, if I won the lottery and it was a vast amount, then I would make sure my loved ones enjoyed some of it as well. What’s a lot of money if you don’t have anyone to share it with or can’t truly enjoy it without feeling guilty. Sightseeing would be in order but only in the United States because too much going on outside our country right now. Shopping would be there as well and transportation. Other than that, who knows.
7) what’s your Dream job? I don’t know what a dream job would consist of. I think a dream job would be anything you do that makes you happy and benefits you and others in some way. If you’re happy, then you make others happy by being someone fun to hang around.
8) Your most embarrassing moment? My most embarrassing moment? Wow, well I’ll just tell one of many lol. I got a little too much drink in me and lost my balance in an alley that was located behind a home my boyfriend used to live in. There was a dip in the alley and I winded up falling down and spinning around in a 360 looking like a turle in a shell that was unable to get myself up. Tried to get up and didn’t fully get my balance and did the 360 a second time. Needless to say, me and my boyfriend laughed a while as how ridiculous I looked. I even added a little sing song to the even by saying ‘Turtle, turle’. Told I was a big kid at heart.
9) That’s a great story Robyn. Sounds like you can shrug things off and laugh at yourself. That’s a great attitude. How about the best moment of your life? The best moment of my life has been my girls in my life. They are my universe and they know it. Of course, I’m theirs as well so it pans out. lol
10) If you could go anywhere in the world for a two week vacation, where would it be? And who would you take with you if you could choose only one person? If I could go anywhere in the world with only one person then it would be my boyfriend and we would go to Hawaii. No cruise ships though. All said and done, I enjoy life as it comes and hope for the best. The past is gone and nothing you can do about it. The future isn’t here yet and it can take care of itself. The present is the only thing you got and you can only hope to make the best decision for you/loved ones and they are the right ones.
There it is Readers and thanks for coming along to read about Robyn. Let her know you read her story in the Reader’s Spotlight on facebook or leave a comment below.
Introducing Susan Why in this week’s Reader’s Spotlight…
1) Thanks Susan for taking part in today’s spotlight and welcome! Can you tell us a little about yourself, where you are from, what you do? I am an animal lover, but love cats the most. I’m not good at public speaking, I kinda freak out. I’m from Chatham Illinois. Right now I am out of work trying to get my health back on track. I’ve got some health issues. I make homeade Jewelery. I like learning new facts about stuff, and about my favorite authors.
2) I’m sorry to hear you are having health issues. I hope you feel better soon and can still have fun making your jewelery. Of all the genres, which type of books do you like to read the most? The genre I like most to read are funny paranormal romance reads, but I am into all romance. I really like reading heartwarming inspirational romance a lot too. I know romance books aren’t like real life, it’s probably why I like being off in someone elses imagination for awhile, b/c there is usually a happy ending but not always. No matter what I still love to read it.I love the romance that has comedy in it because I love to laugh. Young adult romance is good to.
3) What is the one thing you want people to know about you? I like to write poetry, but lately it’s taking me longer to write my feeling on paper. I’m a little more personal in poetry than in person. I grew up with learning disabilities. I’ve been in special education all my life, and I suck at punctuation, and sometimes spelling. My cats are my babies like human babies are people kids. I spoil them and love them as much as a normal parent would love their kids.
4) I’m almost certain the cats think of you as their Mommie. That’s so adorable! Let me ask you this, if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you? I have never been out of the United States, I’ve been to six flags but got really bad motion sickness. I guess I would like to visit Australia it sounds like a neat place to visit.
5) I noticed you post on facebook a lot about Epilepsy Awareness. Here is your chance to let people know about it. What do you want to tell them? I hope you were expecting a long answer. I don’t know everything about epilepsy, I’ve been struggling with it, and the side effects for awhile now. I know there are people out there like me are struggling with there own hell of the seizures. And side effects from the meds. I try not to say much because I don’t want to complain. Maybe I complain to much? Sometimes it’s hard to feel so many emotions that I used to be able to control better, It’s frustrating that I and other people are put on mood disorder drugs when we have seizures and not have a mood disorder. you can’ t control your emotions when all the people around you think that you can. you cry for no reason, or get upset and angry, and then family member that are right next to you say SERIOUSLY! Then I get upset with them and myself for the way I acted, and I couldn’t even control it. I understand that they dint understand what was wrong. Then there are the time I am anxious, full of energy bouncing off the walls with bad anxiety. Next I’m crying for no good reason and the doctor saying you need a depression meds , and all the depressions med do is makes it ten times worse! There are a whole bunch of other side effects not being able to sleep insomnia so they give you meds to help you sleep and that doesn’t even always put you to sleep. Another side effects I never had a problem with is high blood pressure, hand tremors, trouble concentrating on stuff, low energy but that’s probably because of not much sleep. I’ve been having a lot of memory problems, headaches/migraines. The medication makes me nauseas, and sick to my stomach. Certain medications cause hallucinations. My question would be why haven’t they worked on a medication that has less side effects and doesn’t mess with our moods? Know that epilepsy isn’t as imporntant as some other diseases out there, but people die from this to, and I don’t think our government is really looking for a cure for most of them.
6) I think you brought up some really great points that need explored. It seems as if certain problems slip through the cracks and don’t have as much attention. This is something that really needs explored more. Thank you for telling us about it. P.S. I am happy to give you the floor for this important subject. Let’s lighten it up a bit for the next question. If you won the lottery, what would you do with all the money? Depends on how much I would win. Probably would use it to help get my health back on track. Put David through his last year of college where he didn’t have to work and go full time, because he wouldn’t be able to work and finish his last year. I’d also be talking to David about this because we are a team and it would be his money to. I’m sure I’d get some books in there lol!
7) Let’s do some favorites…..What’s your favorite animal? Favorite place to go on a vacation? Favorite tv show? Favorite movie? My favorite animal is Cat, my favorite vacation would be where ever David is as long as we spend it together, My favorite t.v. show Dark Angel and Prison Break, favorite movie Counte of monte cristo.
8) If you met the president of the United States, what is the one question or subject you would discuss? I would give my spot to talk to the president up to David. I listen to what he has to say, and agree with some of the views that David agrees with. But I am not a political person and really don’t want to meet Obama who is president right now. David said his question would be, Who is your real father? He said if they had a discussion he would like to talk about Obama’s father.
9) David sounds very smart and I’m with you on not being much of a political person. I’d rather read a good romance! So if you could go back in time, what era would you go to and who would you want to meet? I would like to go back to the 1990’s So I could make some more memories with my older brother Andrew who died in 95 of a drunk driver hitting him. I want more memories with him.
10) So sorry to hear you have such a loss to deal with. If only we could go back and spend time with our loved ones! Here’s the last question for you Susan. What is the happiest day of your life so far? One of the happiest days of my life, is I was never sure if I would find love, real love. I wasn’t sure if I believed in being in love. Yes I believed in love but being totaly in love with all your heart you’d die for the person kinda love wasn’t sure about. Now I do. One of the happiest day I would say was when I believed David loved me for me and only me. I wasn’t sure I’d ever feel that way about anyone or anyone ever feeling that way about me. Waiting for my other happiest moments.
Susan, it sounds like you and David have written your very own love story…how romantic! I’m so happy you found true love. Thank so much for being a part of the reader’s spotlight. We all love learning about you. Readers, leave a comment for Susan below, we’d love to hear from you!
Who’s in the spotlight today? In her very own words……
1). Tell us a little bit about yourself? Where you’re from and what type of work you do? I am originally from Tacoma, Washington, which is about 45 minutes south of Seattle. I currently live in Puyallup, Washington, which is just east of Tacoma. I actually have 2 jobs, both in the healthcare industry. I have been a receptionist at a nursing home for the past 8 years. I am also a caregiver at an assisted living facility, where I work in the dementia unit. I have been a caregiver for the past 3 years.
2). Can you tell us something crazy and funny that happened at your job you’d like to share? So, I had to actually think about something funny that happened, that wouldn’t gross people out. We in health care have a really bad sense of humor, lol. But I think everyone will be able to laugh at this one.
We had a new resident move in. We were not informed that she sleeps naked, or that she sometimes forgets to dress before leaving her apartment. Well, I was walking down the hall, returning a load of laundry to another resident. I heard someone walking, so I looked up. There was my new resident, in all her birthday suit glory, walking down the hall towards me. When I told her it wasn’t such a good idea to be walking the halls naked, she looked at me and said, “You should try it sometime. It’s refreshing!”
3) What’s your favorite genre of books and why? My favorite genre of books to read is romance. I love all types of romance, but I think my favorite is paranormal. I also like to read Sci Fi, fantasy and mysteries, but romance is my all time favorite. I think I love romance so much because I am a romantic at heart. May sound cheesy, but it’s true. I know that HEA doesn’t always happen in real life, so I like reading books where it does.
4) Great answer. If you could be any one of the characters you read about, who would you be? Hmm, any character. Honestly, I can’t pick just one. There are so many. I think I would want to be one of the kick ass heroines who take names, while laughing and being sexy and sassy. Having some super powers would be awesome.
5) Your most embarrassing moment? I have so many embarrassing moments, I have no idea which one is most embarrassing. I tend to talk before I think, so that usually leads to some embarrassing moments. People who know me are used to it, so they just laugh right along with me.
6) Happiest day of your life so far? Hmm, the happiest day of my life so far? This is going to sound so lame, but here goes. Finally getting the title to my car after making the last payment. So glad to be out from under that.
7) I’d say that is a giant accomplishment. Congrats to you! If you could go back in time, what era would you visit and who would you want to meet? I would love to go back to 1200’s – 1400’s, just because I like the style of dresses the women wore. But, I think it would be cool to go back and meet Jesus, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks. Just to name a few.
8) Secret crush? I don’t have a secret crush. Never have, really. I’m kinda outspoken and say what’s on my mind. I have never had a problem telling a guy that I liked him.
9) Best advice you ever got? Best advice I ever got? “Never lose yourself to please someone else” and “Their true colors show when they’re drunk” Both courtesy of my Mama.
10) I am loving your answers. Last one before we end this interview…Favorite place to vacation? I have on been on vacation to Washington, D.C. and Central Oregon. Love the D.C. area, but would love to travel more. I’ve always wanted to travel abroad.
Thanks Zavara! I hope you get to follow your dreams and travel the world! I’ve enjoyed learning so much about you as I’m sure all our reader’s have as well.
P.S. Readers, take a moment and leave a comment for Zavara and let her know you enjoyed this interview. Who knows, you may be picked to be in the Spotlight!