Welcome Michele! I’m so glad you said yes to being in the Reader’s Spotlight. Here we go, are you ready?
1) Can you tell us a bit about yourself? I know it’s an open ended question, but where are you from, where do you live now and what kind of work do you do? I am 43 yr old single Mom of 2 beautiful children. I am from New Orleans, La. But currently reside in Houston, TX, where I work in the ER as an RN. I have been an avid reader since the 6th grade! It is my one escape from everything and my time to rest and relax in my otherwise hectic life.
2) What is your biggest motivator? God and my children! God has gotten me where I am today (I went back to school after 17 yrs to get my RN) and my children have been supportive in everything I do.
3) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, no money worries, nothing to hold you back, where would you want to be and why? Or are you happy to be right where you are? That’s a tough one, because there are so many places I want to see, but I would have to say Italy with its culture, heritage, scenery, and food! It would be an enriching experience.
4) Best advice you ever got? Always have clean underwear on when you leave the house in case you get in a wreck. Thanks Mom! No, seriously, she did tell me that one every time I left the house. Always treat others the way you want to be treated.
5) I noticed you love Younique products. Can you tell us about this product and why you like them? Younique makeup and skin care are all naturally based products! Everything in the line is healthy and good for your skin. It feels wonderful and refreshing when applied. The 3D Fiber Lash mascara is to die for! This #1 seller gives you lashes that you wish you always had without applying glue or falsies! Now I can have that WOW factor every day with my mascara and since it is made from green tea fibers it is not harmful to your skin or lashes! I can work a 12 hr shift in the ER and my eyes still look fabulous when it’s time to go home! Younique’s mission statement also speaks to me “Our mission is to uplift, empower, validate, and ultimately build self-esteem in women around the world through high-quality products that encourage both inner and outer beauty and spiritual enlightenment while also providing opportunities for personal growth and financial reward.”
My website is www.lasheslove.com if you want to learn more or send me a message with your questions!
6) Does being an RN have anything to do with using Younique? Yes! I had a hard time wearing makeup before because the makeup would break my skin out, feel too heavy, didn’t stay on, etc. Now I have a naturally based product that is healthy and good for my skin! I love the benefits and have healthy, radiant skin that shines through even when I am not wearing makeup!
7) What genre of fiction do you like the most and why?
Whoa, I didn’t think this would be such a difficult question to answer, but I have so many that I like that I am not sure I can just say I like one more than the other! Supernatural, paranormal, time travel romance top my list at the moment!
8) With all the craziness in the world today, what advice would you give to Mom’s and Dad’s just to get through the day? I noticed on your face book page you have two sweet kids that you are very proud of.
For Parents, be a mentor to your children. Teach them right and wrong; teach them to be kind and to treat others right. Guide them when they are young and they will flourish more as an adult. Children need to be taught, not flounder to figure it out on their own. Be a Parent first and a friend second.
My children are my greatest blessings! I have a 20 yr old son, Coby who is a Junior at Texas A&M and in the Corps of Cadets, but is currently on an internship at Disney World in Florida and 17 yr old daughter, Kailey who will be a high school Senior and sings opera! YIKES! Time flies!
9) If you had one wish, what would you wish for? To travel and tour the world. I would love to see different countries and cultures.
10) I always love asking this. What is the one thing you want the reader’s to know about you? Being a transplanted Cajun, I love to cook and I make a mean gumbo!
Thanks so much Michele. I know the reader’s will love your answers because everyone loves getting to know each other. Don’t forget readers, to check out Michele’s page at lasheslove.com