In honor of the faithful reader’s of not only my books, but all genres and authors, I’d like to introduce you to the Reader’s Spotlight, a place to get to know others who have a love for the written word.
Introducing Susan Why in this week’s Reader’s Spotlight…
1) Thanks Susan for taking part in today’s spotlight and welcome! Can you tell us a little about yourself, where you are from, what you do? I am an animal lover, but love cats the most. I’m not good at public speaking, I kinda freak out. I’m from Chatham Illinois. Right now I am out of work trying to get my health back on track. I’ve got some health issues. I make homeade Jewelery. I like learning new facts about stuff, and about my favorite authors.
2) I’m sorry to hear you are having health issues. I hope you feel better soon and can still have fun making your jewelery. Of all the genres, which type of books do you like to read the most? The genre I like most to read are funny paranormal romance reads, but I am into all romance. I really like reading heartwarming inspirational romance a lot too. I know romance books aren’t like real life, it’s probably why I like being off in someone elses imagination for awhile, b/c there is usually a happy ending but not always. No matter what I still love to read it.I love the romance that has comedy in it because I love to laugh. Young adult romance is good to.
3) What is the one thing you want people to know about you? I like to write poetry, but lately it’s taking me longer to write my feeling on paper. I’m a little more personal in poetry than in person. I grew up with learning disabilities. I’ve been in special education all my life, and I suck at punctuation, and sometimes spelling. My cats are my babies like human babies are people kids. I spoil them and love them as much as a normal parent would love their kids.
4) I’m almost certain the cats think of you as their Mommie. That’s so adorable! Let me ask you this, if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you? I have never been out of the United States, I’ve been to six flags but got really bad motion sickness. I guess I would like to visit Australia it sounds like a neat place to visit.
5) I noticed you post on facebook a lot about Epilepsy Awareness. Here is your chance to let people know about it. What do you want to tell them? I hope you were expecting a long answer. I don’t know everything about epilepsy, I’ve been struggling with it, and the side effects for awhile now. I know there are people out there like me are struggling with there own hell of the seizures. And side effects from the meds. I try not to say much because I don’t want to complain. Maybe I complain to much? Sometimes it’s hard to feel so many emotions that I used to be able to control better, It’s frustrating that I and other people are put on mood disorder drugs when we have seizures and not have a mood disorder. you can’ t control your emotions when all the people around you think that you can. you cry for no reason, or get upset and angry, and then family member that are right next to you say SERIOUSLY! Then I get upset with them and myself for the way I acted, and I couldn’t even control it. I understand that they dint understand what was wrong. Then there are the time I am anxious, full of energy bouncing off the walls with bad anxiety. Next I’m crying for no good reason and the doctor saying you need a depression meds , and all the depressions med do is makes it ten times worse! There are a whole bunch of other side effects not being able to sleep insomnia so they give you meds to help you sleep and that doesn’t even always put you to sleep. Another side effects I never had a problem with is high blood pressure, hand tremors, trouble concentrating on stuff, low energy but that’s probably because of not much sleep. I’ve been having a lot of memory problems, headaches/migraines. The medication makes me nauseas, and sick to my stomach. Certain medications cause hallucinations. My question would be why haven’t they worked on a medication that has less side effects and doesn’t mess with our moods? Know that epilepsy isn’t as imporntant as some other diseases out there, but people die from this to, and I don’t think our government is really looking for a cure for most of them.
6) I think you brought up some really great points that need explored. It seems as if certain problems slip through the cracks and don’t have as much attention. This is something that really needs explored more. Thank you for telling us about it. P.S. I am happy to give you the floor for this important subject. Let’s lighten it up a bit for the next question. If you won the lottery, what would you do with all the money? Depends on how much I would win. Probably would use it to help get my health back on track. Put David through his last year of college where he didn’t have to work and go full time, because he wouldn’t be able to work and finish his last year. I’d also be talking to David about this because we are a team and it would be his money to. I’m sure I’d get some books in there lol!
7) Let’s do some favorites…..What’s your favorite animal? Favorite place to go on a vacation? Favorite tv show? Favorite movie? My favorite animal is Cat, my favorite vacation would be where ever David is as long as we spend it together, My favorite t.v. show Dark Angel and Prison Break, favorite movie Counte of monte cristo.
8) If you met the president of the United States, what is the one question or subject you would discuss? I would give my spot to talk to the president up to David. I listen to what he has to say, and agree with some of the views that David agrees with. But I am not a political person and really don’t want to meet Obama who is president right now. David said his question would be, Who is your real father? He said if they had a discussion he would like to talk about Obama’s father.
9) David sounds very smart and I’m with you on not being much of a political person. I’d rather read a good romance! So if you could go back in time, what era would you go to and who would you want to meet? I would like to go back to the 1990′s So I could make some more memories with my older brother Andrew who died in 95 of a drunk driver hitting him. I want more memories with him.
10) So sorry to hear you have such a loss to deal with. If only we could go back and spend time with our loved ones! Here’s the last question for you Susan. What is the happiest day of your life so far? One of the happiest days of my life, is I was never sure if I would find love, real love. I wasn’t sure if I believed in being in love. Yes I believed in love but being totaly in love with all your heart you’d die for the person kinda love wasn’t sure about. Now I do. One of the happiest day I would say was when I believed David loved me for me and only me. I wasn’t sure I’d ever feel that way about anyone or anyone ever feeling that way about me. Waiting for my other happiest moments.
Susan, it sounds like you and David have written your very own love story…how romantic! I’m so happy you found true love. Thank so much for being a part of the reader’s spotlight. We all love learning about you. Readers, leave a comment for Susan below, we’d love to hear from you!